The “mono-block” chassis provides maximal specific strength and minimal geometric tolerance stack-up. The simplicity of the overall design provides an architecture to maximize internal capacity and allow freedom in modifying the structure for project needs.
- Robust, integrated fasteners for mounting of 1-2 PCBs
- External mounting holes on crossbars for solar panel and LED panel attachment
- All major features 8.5mm min. thickness
- Milled from a single piece of 6061 Aluminum stock
- Used only a basic 3 axis CNC mill
- Structure and tolerance to conform to CubeSat specification
The second iteration of the chassis is now in development. Considerations for the revised design include:
- Further reducing weight by using thinner cross beams
- Increasing the number of internal fastening points for components
- Alterations in the precise mounting locations of the necessary printed circuit boards
In accordance with our mission goal of accessibility and DIY Philosophy, below are links to the drawings of EquiSat currently in use by the team. Full instructions will be included as the design is finalized. For additional information in the interim, please email us here.
Additional files will be posted as they become available or are updated.
Currently, the following components will be included in the satellite. Note, this list is a work in progress and therefore incomplete and not yet finalized.
|Power||PCB 1||Board mount for the side arrays of Solar Panels||3|
|Power||PCB 2||Board mount for the top and bottom arrays of Solar Panels||2|
|Power||Batteries||A pack of lithium iron phosphate batteries is in testing for use on the satellite||4 (2s2p) or 2 (2s1p)|
|Electronics||PCB 3||Board mount for internal circuitry and electrical components||1|
|Electronics||Arduino||Microcontroller as satellite CPU||1|
|Flash||PCB 4||Board for mounting LEDs||1|
|Flash||Luminus SST-90 LED||High power 5600K 2000lm LED||15-20|
|Attitude Control||Magnet 1||This magnet will sit perpendicular to the flash side of the satellite||1|
|Attitude Control||Magnet 2||These magnets will complete the triad within the satellite||2|
|Radio||Radio Transmitter||A Beeline radio will provide downlink of data and location at via 435MHz band||1|
|Radio||Antenna||Superalloy dipole antenna||1|
|Chassis||Monoblock||The solid Al 6061 chassis provides the body of EquiSat and fastening points for all components||1|
|*all fields subject to change|